ss_blog_claim=1b01a26ff2fa9145ca48bac62aed2df7 Floyd's Checkup From The NeckUp: An Eckhart Tolle Case Study

Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Eckhart Tolle Case Study


An Eckhart Tolle Case Study

With all the uproar (both positive and negative)
about the Eckhart Tolle/Oprah Winfrey webclass,
I thought it might be good to take a look at the
effect that this type of self development is having
on an actual human life.

I came across a blog post in a Google Alert I that
I have set up to keep me informed about just this
kind of thing. Julie is a blogger that goes by the
title of Nature Chick. Her blog is not about her
spiritual progress, but about her life in general as
many of the best blogs are.

Take a look at her post about The Power of Now
and it's affect on her life HERE.

She doesn't seem to have become a zombie, or
a self denying ascetic. Actually she just seems
to have become someone that is enjoying life for
the first time in quite a while.

I see, hear nor feel anything within this woman's
experience to concern me for her emotional or
spiritual wellbeing. What is more, I see no danger
to her personal belief structure either.

We live in a society where dysfunction seems
to be the norm instead of the exception, and
not everyone has the resources, time or even
the emotional strength and will to overcome
their issues via intensive therapy.

So maybe this is a shortcut to a healthier life
and world view that can allow a significant
portion of the population to live a happier and
more fulfilling life...

Why is this threatening to some people?


Floyd Bogart

No comments: