ss_blog_claim=1b01a26ff2fa9145ca48bac62aed2df7 Floyd's Checkup From The NeckUp: The Longer I Live, The More Often "Balance" Is The Answer To My Questions

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Longer I Live, The More Often "Balance" Is The Answer To My Questions

Digg!
The Longer I Live, The More Often "Balance" Is The Answer To My Questions

I have seen so much resistance in the past
few months to the teaching of Eckhart Tolle's
"The Power of Now" principles, that I have
had to ask myself: Why?

Invariably, the arguments against applying
these tenets to life seem to be extreme
interpretations of what Mr Tolle is saying.

This is not an isolated instance to approaching
Self Development or Self Improvement issues.
The answer to challenges to what is being said
regarding by Mr. Tolle, is usually the same one
to counter those against Deepak Chopra or even
to the Bible.

You have to apply what is being said with balance.

Principles being taught, are taken out of context
and discussed as if they are all encompassing, and
not intended to be applied within the confines of
a particular paradigm.

This is not balanced.

Balance is at the heart of what each of the three
sources referenced above espouses. Tolle, Chopra
and God are each all about applying principles in
our lives with balance.

It is frequently stated that you can quote scriptures
to defend almost any point of view that you wish.
This is only true if you do so without the balancing
influence of it's context.

Likewise, to say that Eckhart Tolle is advocating
a total relinquishing of the concept of self, is not
a balanced application of his intent. This particular
principle must be viewed in the context of the current
over emphasis on self that is prevalent in society
today, which is just as unbalanced.

For that matter, if you want to criticize Eckhart Tolle
for preaching a denial of self, you have to throw out
most of the Bible as well anyway.

If you read my previous post, then you know that I
have recently been reading Dr. Teri Speed's book
"The Incurables: Unlock Healing For Spirit, Mind
and Body"
.

In approaching illnesses and other of life's problems
by addressing all three aspects of a person's being,
Dr Speed seems to be using balance, in my opinion.

No doubt I will be posting more about balance in
future posts...


Floyd Bogart

No comments: